Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gobble Gobble

Since I'm still tired, and because Mom really says it best, I'm not going to write this blog post.  Instead I am going to copy and paste Mom's family letter for this month.  I will include some pictures too.  I hope everyone's Thanksgivings were a whirlwind of fun, like ours was!!


Dear family,
We have just returned from celebrating Thanksgiving Tate style in Las Vegas. Most of us converged on Monday night. Natalie and Miranda drove down from Provo. Nathan, Shirley and I flew in. We all arrived at Bethany’s within about a half hour. Adam and Dad, who don’t have the luxury of time that the rest of us have (Nathan brought his work with him) arrived Thursday morning around 10.


We played a lot of games. We ate a lot of food. We watched a couple of movies. We went hiking at Red Rock Canyon and I can’t even tell you how amazing that was. The hike involved more rock climbing than we expected, making it challenging for who ever happened to be carrying Sterling on their back in a pack and for our dogs. Schnauzers and Westies have little legs—and my Schnauzer is particularly whimpy. Winston, Bethany’s dog, did great. Grendel did too, except that she spent the next few days limping and snarling whenever Winston got too close to her. 
And we played at a park with a Frisbee and a soccer ball. Best of all, we got to Skype with Jared in China. So we were all together, sort of. We talked about going to see a Vegas show, but in the end decided that we would rather stay at home and play games.

I love how my family continues to grow, even if we are not all still under one roof. Larry and I started with one child, had five more, and now we have 10 (11 if you count Nathan and Shirley’s baby due in May.) And it’s so fun to think that the party starts again in a few weeks when we celebrate Christmas. (Although Nathan and Shirley will be in Logan. It’s okay though, Nathan has a business trip to Provo in January so he will still get to meet Jared’s girlfriend.)

I hope all of your holidays are merry and bright. We love the holidays and all of you.

Kristy
















1 comment:

Daniel and Chelsea said...

Looks like an awesome Thanksgiving! I can't believe how long your hair is getting, looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...