Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ode to Fall

I love the change of seasons and everyone knows how much I love the holidays. For me the beginning of the fall season means the holidays are coming soon. Besides that I love the crisp weather and the changing leaves (something we didn't get in California). Every year when fall rolls around I remember Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seatle when she says, "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." I always wondered if I could make a bouquet of pencils look cute.. Maybe I'll try. I love that movie btw.. always reminds me of Holli.

Anyway, this fall is going to be a little different. I know I have made this comment before, but I am not going to back to school. Since I was 4 I have started school in the fall. And this year I wont. I know that many of my Idaho friends don't start in the fall for the first time this year too. Guys isn't it so weird! My Cousin talked about registering for classes on her blog and I was totally reminded that I didn't do that this year. HOWEVER, some people are returning to the books. My brother started law school, Brandon starts the 1st of October, my little brother and sisters are back (I think).

The other thing I love about fall.. "dark colors and slimming lines," Jackie: 70's show. So true, and who doesn't love that. AND sweaters!

Okay, I'm rambling. The point is I love fall!

2 comments:

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

Haha!! I had to laugh at your entry! I totally remember starting school with you in the fall. can I just say that I loved our roomie days? And your cute fall sweaters. For some reason I got a visual of that while I was reading your blog. I love the fall too. But these days fall comes so quickly and that means my babies are growing up way too fast. That is how I look at time these days! I miss you!!! Good luck with School Brandon!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I cant believe we dont have school-- it kinda feels wrong right, like we are being lazy or something. I feel like a drop out... cause for so long that is how you measure your time... when school starts and lets out. and i love the fall too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...