Saturday, August 29, 2009

I have been crafting a little...


If you've never worked with fondant, you should, it's fun. I learned alot for next time. But more importantly, I made this fondant myself. It's marshmallow fondant. I had everything I needed for it in my pantry, no glycerine or other chemicals needed. Also, I was told (I didn't actually eat any of the cake) that it tastes better than regular fondant. Oh, PS: yes, it's supposed to be all crooked like that. It leaned a little more to the right than I would have liked, but like I said, 'next time'.

No, these aren't some kind of hint, or announcement. Everyone I know seems to be having babies. Emali got a few and there are a few going other places. ;-) They're just applicae (sp?), and then I had to hand stitch them all.. Took like a 100 years (probably 1-2 hours each), but it was totally worth it!

This one I did a few weeks after the others. Not the best picture, but you get the idea. Super cute. When I have a girl, she is wearing this home from the hospital. It was actually just tulle left over from Chelsea's baby shower. :-) I love Pottery barn....
Not because I would spend $26 on a pillow, but because I get their catalog and and it's full of things I can just copy with your sewing machine. $10, 5 old pillows, 5 new pillows! I really don't think these pictures do it justice, but you can come see them if you'de like.
Okay, gardening isn't really 'crafty', but it fits in the same category in my mind: "things I try to do". Julie and I are reaping the fruits and veggies of our labors. More exciting than these veggies is.. our pumpkins (and one cantelope) have started growing!! They're little tiny things, all 3 or 4 of them, but we are very excited. We bough "compition size". They're supposed to get up to 200 pounds or something crazy. I will be extremely happy if we get two that are big enough to carve. However, we have a slug problem. They get on our plants and make them whither. Have you seen the little withered pumpkin, julie? Any suggestions on how to keep the slugs out of our garden? Besides moving away from the mid west ;-)

Now I really want to make another cake. Who needs a cake?

PSS: if you think I stole the collage thing from you, I did. I have been trying not to use it (because I don't want to look like a copy cat.. yes, I am six at heart), but there just wasn't a better way this time! So, yes I stole it from all of you who use it on your blog. Thanks.

5 comments:

The Lunds said...

I love your cake and those are the cutest onesies ever! I want to make some!

Becky Barnette said...

I love the cake!! Hey...I do need a cake for the party this weekend.LOL

Holli Fuhriman said...

love the cake!! You are amazing! I miss you so much.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Hey! Your projects look so fun. Did that cake take you hours to make? I swear making a cake is one of the most tiring things, but I love doing it. I've always wanted to make one of those leaning cakes.

rachel v. said...

so cute Bethany! You have to teach me how to make those onesies, they are adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...