Friday, April 9, 2010

Nesting

....I think.. already?! I am resisting all temptations to get the crib out and start making bedding. I am afraid I will have nothing to do for the next 4 months. (HOLY CRAP! ONLY 4 MONTHS!)

I tried everything in my power to convince Brandon that we needed a new infant car seat. You can imagine how that went, lol! Instead I recovered Chandler's very cheap one.

BEFORE: crappy, old faded, eaten a little by rats (NASTY!) car seat
AFTER: same car seat, new life

*Warning: looking @ pictures too closely may cause severe damage to your opinions of my sewing skills

In other news, Brandon has this many black socks with out pairs; making Sundays difficult. Dear dryer, we would like our sanity back.
Also Chandler and I are very good looking, and our bedroom is a disaster zone.

13 comments:

Courtney N said...

Haha I love the dinosaurs! Too cute!

The King's said...

Way to go on the car seat!!! I love the dinosaur fabric!!! It gave it a whole new life!

Booya Grandma said...

I see two of my socks in there!

Julie said...

I am just a bit jealous of your car seat. It makes me want to recover our brand new never been used one. And holy socks!! I don't even think Mike owns that many matching black socks!

The Lunds said...

That carseat is too dang cute! You're so talented...I struggle to make pillowcases for Treysen.

Kinsey said...

Nice work on the car seat Bethany! It's so cute!!

Team Cody said...

Is there a pattern for that carseat cover, I wanna make a new one. That's so stinking cute, you go girl!

Haley and Jon said...

Cute car seat over! How old is your car seat. You aren't supposed to use them if they are older than 5 years. They aren't safe anymore. Hope that helps your case.

Brandon and Bethany said...

Oh Haley.. I wish it were expired, lol! Not till 2013. Good thing I like it better now.

Dave and Lori said...

how exciting! i love the carseat! i'm avoiding buying any baby stuff....mostly cause Dave won't let me.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Wow I'm so impressesd you can sew like that! I say break out the crib! nick kept asking me to wait and wait and WAIT, but I remember being so excited to set mine up.

rachel v. said...

you are amazing!

Holli Fuhriman said...

You are amazing of course! I am way too lazy to even think about nesting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...