Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks for the hips, Mom.


If you've known me for more than 10 minutes, you know that I adore my mom. I don't remember ever disliking her (you know like most teenagers do). However, she might be able to tell you otherwise. I remember @ 16 listening to a friend vent about how horrible her mother was, and thinking how grateful I was that I liked mine so much.

I thought about writing about all the wonderful things my mother taught/instilled in me. You know, love, kindness, confidence...etc. And she did, and it's wonderful, and I love her for all those things, but I thought maybe this would be more interesting. These are things that I inherited from my mom....

A love for houses. I can remember crawling in windows of vacant homes to look around. We would spend Saturdays touring model homes. Sometimes we would take the long way home just to look at a few houses. These are still some of our favorite activities when I am home.

I am told that I talk and sound just like my mom. Which really in flattering, because sometimes she uses words that I don't understand. From about 12 on I would answer the phone and get the response, "Hi, Kristine...", so I guess it must be somewhat true.

My butt. But seriously, these thighs and butt of mine used to really bother me. However, in my old age, I have come to appreciate my shape. My mom said once, "You'll just marry someone who likes big butts. Some guys don't and some guys do," to which my dad said, "It's true." And have you ever heard a song about a small bottomed girl? They just don't write them.

An intense, deep passion for brownies. I'm not really sure if there's anything to say about this.. I, like my mom, am very fond of brownies... with ice cream. It IS my favorite food.

3 comments:

rachel v. said...

I can confirm every part of this post to be true.
I have always LOVED your shape. You and your mom rock it. And you guys have the same sense of humor, which can make me laugh like nothing else.

Sometimes I think we get along so well because were both like our mothers, and they like each other too :)

Happy mother's day, Bethany!

allisonwalkerland said...

Bethy! I love how the thought of thanking your mom for your hips...I too must do this. I remember thinking when we lived together how much alike we were I never thought about this part of it. Also congrats on your little baby boy to come! I am sure he will be just as cute as Chandler is and was the last time I saw him. Its too bad we couldn't meet up at Christmas. Maybe sometime this summer. I should be in cali come july. Oh yeah you'll have a beautiful little baby so no need to visit...another time. :) love you and your cute little family!

Shurtliff Family said...

You are hilarious Bethany! YOu say it like no one else can! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the post. Cute! With your awesome hips, you've got awesome curves to go along with them!

Hope the preganancy is going super well! You were a darling pregant woman when you were prego. with Chandler. A cute little fam. you've got going!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...