Thursday, June 3, 2010

Little Sisters

I remember the day my mom came home and told me that the twins she was carrying were girls. I was jumping on the trampoline and jumped around with joy for another 10 minutes. I was eight. I remember visiting Natalie and Miranda at the hospital. Mom was complaining because she was cold. That's all I remember about it.

Most of my childhood they were babies. Eventually they started saying, "We're not babies anymore!" and their name changed from "the babies" to "the girls." At 15, they are still "the girls".. or at least in my mind.

They used to tell funny jokes. I remember one going like this, "Why did the chicken cross the road. To get eaten by a bear." I still think it's funny.

I always wanted a big sister (not that I would trade my big brother in for one). I'm afraid I'm not the big sister that I had imagined a big sister to be. We didn't share clothes, or make up, or... anything. They shared with each other and no one wanted my 8-year old hand me down stretchy pants. My sisters were a mere 9 years old when I left the house and the only thing I handed down was my bedroom. Which Natalie moved into before I was even gone.

Though, they are my little sisters, they far surpass me in so many ways. Their grades and school performances are remarkable, especially when compared to mine. They are currently haggling with my dad about a deal involving a car. A deal that my dad made to my older brother and I, knowing that we would not receive strait A's for 2 years. They are spiritual giants of the teenage variety and enjoy young womens activities like I never did. Their feet also out grew mine at.. I don't know.. age 8. They've even beat me at shoes size!

Natalie is intelligent and energetic. However hard we try, she resists our temptations to play games.

Miranda is bright and very thorough in everything she does.

Both ladies are beautiful, and life will be very exciting watching them through the upcoming years.

Happy birthday to my only little sisters...thank goodness you weren't boys. yuck.

1 comment:

rachel v. said...

this is so sweet. Happy birthday, girls! They turned out so good because they have such a great big sister ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...