Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Four Years

This morning Brandon woke me up and said, "Do you know what today is?"

I sat up in a panic, looking around frantically. My mind said, "It's not Saturday, am I forgetting something? Was I supposed to pick someone up? Appointments.. no just finals this week.... am I supposed to be at the doctors? No, it's not Thursday.. it must be Wednesday.. oh."

"Happy anniversary. I love you."

In my defense, I am not a coherent morning person, as you can see, I didn't even know what day it was.

I can't believe it's been four years. I love my husband. My mom said today, "I don't think God is always interested in making life easy and comfortable." I am grateful that my marriage has been mostly easy and comfortable. After the first year of marriage I asked Brandon when the hard part was. You know, how before you get married and everyone tells you it's HARD. Well, I am sure it's coming, but as of now, we still wonder when the hard part will be.

Brandon is in so many ways my balance. I can't remember how I got along with out him. I don't mean that in a sappy, love song kind of way. I mean I don't know how I functioned and didn't make people absolutely crazy with out him. Not that I don't currently make people crazy.. because I'm sure I do sometimes.

....

I am feeling an inability to express how awesome he is to me. It seems like it would be incredibly boring for anyone reading it.

You should go look at our wedding pictures via the link on the right.. They're amazing. Don't you wish you wore pink shoes, and don't you wish you could live in the Butler's back yard? I'll make you cookies if you can spot that bikini lady in the beach pictures.

Most importantly.. Yes, he still looks at me like that.

3 comments:

rachel v. said...

happy anniversary! this post is so sweet, you two are an excellent example of love :) I know exactly what you mean about the hard part- did we get lucky or did we just have the right expectations? Best wishes for many years to come <3

Booya Grandma said...

Not nearly enough pictures of me in that slide show.

Happy Anniversary. I look up to you two.

Becky Barnette said...

Happy Anniversary! May the next 4 years be just as great for you both. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...