Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Autumn Somewhere

Photobucket

First, a little update: We are getting along wonderfully here in Vegas. I think it took me the longest to adjust. Chandler just loves being here with his friends. For the first week he asked everyday, "Can we go to Scarlett or Davy's house today?" And, you know, Sterling he doesn't really care about much. As long as you don't try to take his food, he's good. Brandon's job is great, and after coming home from Elder's Quorum where 30% of the men are unemployed, we are just to happy to have a job.

Last week I had this very distinct impression, "If not liking the tile in your house is your biggest problem, you are blessed." We are very blessed.

Anyways, did you know Vegas has pumpkin patches? Yeah, me either, and right next to our house!

Photobucket

It sure felt weird sweating while we walked out to where the pumpkins were. Chandler complains about the sun all the time.

Photobucket
Last week he said, "Mom, I think I like Portland better because the sun shines in my eyes a lot in Las Vegas."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here, Sterling you hold the pumpkin...

Photobucket

We picked a pumpkin, ate apple cider doughnuts (amazing!), packed up, and turned the air conditioning on in the car. It was a perfect warm fall day.

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Stig and The Pickle said...

Hi Bethany and Family - I'm so glad that the adjusting is going well. Sounds like you need to get Chandler some sun glasses, that would be cute. Love reading your blog and seeing what going on. I am so thankful for you Bethany and for you being in Brandon's life, he sure did good; he couldn't have done any better on a wife - you're perfect for him and he's a great person too.

Kristy said...

I love your pictures, it almost makes me feel like I'm there. Thanksgiving seems very far away.

Daniel and Chelsea said...

Chandler not liking the sun reminded me of when he asked you what his shadow was. With you as a Mom I thought he would have a natural love for the sun! Looks like a lot of warm fun!!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

Are you going to be there for Thanksgiving? We are totally passing through vegas on our way to be with family is St. George. can we come see you?! I would LOVE that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...