Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 in Retrospect

Yesterday we took down Christmas, swept the floors,  cleaned the counters, and it felt wonderful.  Then the sun went down and I felt a little sad to not have the warm glow of the Christmas tree in the corner.  Every year I'm a little sad that the previous year is over.  The problem is I'm not quite over 2013 being over when 2014 ends, or 2012 for that matter.. so really I'm still mourning the loss of 2010.  But this year, 2014, went especially quick.  I'm afraid each year just moves more quickly than the last, and I'll never get over 2010 being over.

2014 was my least blogged year ever.  Bummer.

I suppose I spent most of January was spent trying to get over 2013 being over.  We also spent the first quarter of the year obsessed with trying to get pregnant.  I was consumed with acupuncture, supplements, ovulation test, pregnancy test and, my family's favorite, waving a hot burning stick over my uterus every day.

We also visited the snow, the farm, and Chandler mastered reading in first grade.

In April Brandon turned 32.  We partied hard over spring break (once and twice!) and family visited us here in Las Vegas for conference weekend.  Sometime during that insane month of April, we conceived, and my pregnancy after miscarriage began.

In early May, the house we were renting went on the market.  It was hot, I was struck with morning sickness, and I tried my very best to keep a clean house for the almost constant visit of "potential buyers."

Apparently, Chandler also played baseball.  I don't remember the months of May and June.  Chandler turned 7.

July was BUSY.  We celebrated the fourth, and took a long drive to Colorado.  We also had a FABULOUS birthday pool party for the boys.

In August we went to Brandon's family's cabin in the Sierra Nevadas, and my family came for an annual boating trip at Lake Mead.  All of which I have no pictures/blogs of.  Sterling turned 4, and both Chandler and Sterling started school.

Early September we received word that our house might sell.  We spent the month, getting more pregnant, and waiting for word on if we would have to move or not.  We settled into school routines, and just after I finally broke down and put up our fall decorations, we were told the house sold and we would need to move by the end of October.

We spent the first weekend in October, ignoring the stress of moving, and partying with our family in Park City.

So October............  we packed, and partied.  I was insistent that we wouldn't miss out on any Halloween activities.  We attended several Halloween parties after LONG days of packing.  I was exhausted and over worked the whole month, but we did it all.  However, picture taking was not on my to do list, but really the boys got it all.  Also, I turned 28 and my besties through me a beautiful baby shower.   And we moved.  

November and December flew past in a blink.  Just like I thought they would.  We spent Thanksgiving in California.  We ate Christmas treats, hung decorations, and over booked our schedules.  Nightly parties and meetings consumed us until we left for California for a flu Christmas.

Suddenly, we are home, and recovering; it is 2015 and we're left cleaned up and ready for a baby who is just hanging out in utero.  It's impossible for me to imagine what the end of 2015 is going to look like, but we're excited and ready.  But still a little sad, because 2010 was a good year.  :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...