Monday, September 15, 2008

Huckleberries

Back in college Sister Gee used to make raspberry-huckleberry jam that was unbelievable. No really, I remember people fighting over it. There are some of you who know what I am talking about. That was the beginning of my love afair with the mentioned berries. And actually it was when I realized that they were an actually berry and not something made up for a puppy's name (huckleberry hound).

So for the first time (first time for me) this past Saturday we went huckleberry picking! It was amazing that we could just pick the berries off the bush and keep them! There were millions of them too!! We brought two friends (and their daughters) with us who's husbands are in the mists of finals, and kind of have to be out of the house for them. It was so fun!

Chandler learned to pull the berries off the bush, but later he learned that it was easier to take handfuls out of our buckets. :-)
Doesn't he look kind of huckleberry drunk? The kids started getting tired so Emily went down and put the girls in the van to watch a movie.. chandler and I soon followed. We picked down by the cars while the kids sat in the van.. This picture is hilarious. Nottice the girls are like, "what the heck is your problem?"

He was asleep like 30 seconds after he got a binki.

I feel I need to cite Emily's blog because I stole a buncha her pictures.. Thanks!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I totally miss siter Gee's jam! my last semister at school i ran into Bishop at the wellness center, and i told him about missing his wife's jam... so guess what? he showed up the next day with a jar for me!!! it was so sweet-- i literally teared up! They are both so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...