Thursday, February 12, 2009

Throwdown Thursday!

(Thanks Heather for the cute name) :-)

So, I made my bed everyday this week. Some days it was a last ditch effort to make it right before we went to bed, but it got done! :-D The interesting thing was that the days that I made my bed (earlier in the day) I always picked up the rest of my room too. Which meant not only did the papers and things get picked up, but I got the clean laundry put away (sooner than it would have been). It had a cool kind of ripple effect. If you didn't do it this week, I would really recommend it. Really brightened my days. I am going to try to continue this one.

This week's goal took me a little while, but I thought I would go for healthy eating. Anyone who knows me, knows I inherited my dad's hated of veggies. I've come to a point where I don't pretend I like them either. I just hate vegetables (and most healthy foods), and as a result I don't eat as many as I should. So...

This weeks goal:
Eat at least 3 servings of veggies, and at least 2 servings of fruit.

I figure I can do this by having fruit in my cereal, veggies with lunch, 2 servings of veggies at dinner and another fruit in the evening while I'm watching TV (when I would usually have cookies or ice cream or something).

arg, this is going to be a hard one. I really do have veggies.

I know it suggests 3-5 and 2-4, but I'm just trying to make the bare minimum. If 3 veggies and 2 fruits isn't more than you usually do, and you want to participate try raising your numbers to 5 and 4. (wow)

3 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Ouch, that one sounds hard, but Im going for it! I found way to cheat, the new V8 fusion juice has one serving of veggies and fruit in it, and it actually tastes pretty good. So far today I had 2 glasses, so I just need one more veggie! If you like juice you should try it. It takes better than eating the real deal!

rachel v. said...

I have been trying to eat healthy this week too! I'll try this one too!
For fruit I strongly recommend fruit leather! They sell them at costco, and each one is equivilant to one fruit. I don't think you can eat 3 and be done, but they're really yummy :)

and for veggies.. I find stir fry to be the easiest.. but I find veggies really hard too.

Good luck! you're the best!

clybbert said...

I bet I rival you in your hatred for vegetables! I am so going to try and do this with you. I eat fruit quite often but the veggies.... oh the veggies. Good luck to all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...