Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Era in Flip Flops


Brandon said, "You need to get new sandals." And I was excited.. I love shopping, I love new shoes, but then I went and saw some new sandals... I don't like those sandals, I like MY sandals.. I've spend a good part of my life in these shoes.

I wore them in the rain, through the snow, and to the beach

They give me tan lines

I wore them on 2 cruises, and in 3 countries

I wore them on the way to them temple to get married

They go with everything

They were the only shoes that fit for a good part of my pregnancy; I wore them home from the hospital

They've been through 3 boyfriends, and 8 roomates

They're cracked, seems are coming out, they're no where near the original color, but I love them

They've been good friends.. and I don't know if I'll actually get rid of them.

7 comments:

rachel v. said...

amen.

that is really all that needs to be said.

one time in a public speaking class we were supposed to give a speech on an object that identified us. I choose my rainbows. We've been through so much together...

Team Cody said...

Rainbow sandals have a lifetime guarantee. They might give you a new pair! Look into it

Greg and Diana said...

Praise the well-worn sandal!!

Our stroller is a BabyTrend double jogger. It's a few years old, but it's the basic jogger with a fixed wheel. I would have prefered a non-fixed wheel but since we don't use it for going out, we don't really need the maneuverability.

Just the basic cloth, side by side stroller with a good shade that folds down...

Why are you asking?? Did I miss an announcement on here??

Greg and Diana said...

OK,had to check!! Yeah they are expensive that's why I decided to give Craig's list a try and it was AWESOME!!! You just have to make sure you take your husband with you to check things out just in case (never hurts to be safe). I got a stroller that would have been almost $300 new for about $80. I wish I would have thought of Craig's list before we got the regular double stroller...while ours is great, there is more variety on Craig's List.

If you plan to exercise with the kids, a jogger is a must, the regular double strollers are too heavy.

Courtney N said...

I seriously LOVE my rainbows! I've had mine since my freshman year in high school and I am never giving them up! : )

Team Cody said...

Yeah...we get them at the san clemente outlet too, ha ha. Better get some new ones

Holli Fuhriman said...

Do you remember when you realized that you needed real shoes to live in Idaho! that was funny! I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...