Monday, July 6, 2009

Love, sweet love

This sweet girl came into our family when I was a few months pregnant (For security reasons they have changed her name, and I don't think they want it posted on the internet). When Brandon's brother and our sister in law brought her home as a foster baby she was 5 months. She was badly beaten: a broken color bone, a hand print across her forehead, and so much emotional damage she couldn't be around males. She couldn't even lift her head or roll over. It was so sad it seemed that it would be impossible for her to go back to that home. The fight was long none the less.

After a two year battle, they are adopting! The parents have finally relinquished their rights, and she will officially be a Barnette by the end of the month. We are so happy for her, and our whole family.


Chandler just loves his cousin

5 comments:

Julie said...

aww! she is so cute with Chandler! I am happy that she found a loving home!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad! She is such a cutie and I love the pictures of her and Chandler! Cute!

rachel v. said...

what an amazing story, I am so happy for her and her family. And Chandler and her are such cuties. Loves.

The Lunds said...

She is gorgous! Congrats! It's wonderful to hear that she has a family who loves her.

Becky Barnette said...

Awwww....I couldn't imagine how much I'd love those pics! She's definately the love of our life. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...