Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's quiet now. What do you say?

Brandon and & Chandler went to buy me a birthday present (yay) and Sterling is napping. Aren't newborns funny, napping @ 6:45? Silly boy.

Do you ever take a moment to look around at your life? So much of my life is chaos, there aren't many moments to actually look at it. Most moments are filled with other important things. Let me tell you about my life, as today is the last day of life at age 23.

Today Chandler asked me, "I'm not a baby. Not yet?" I had to try to explain that he would never again be a baby, and I will never again be in my early twenties. 24 is definitely mid-twenties.

I love my home. It has a red wall, a brown wall, a blue wall and 3 green walls, and is filled to the brim with diapers and toys, and love.

Tuesday-Friday I take Chandler to preschool. He is a preschool genius, and loves his teacher: "Teacher Debbie."

Last year, October, I bought a romper with a skeleton on it, size 3 months. My thought was, if we get pregnant this month, it'll fit our baby next year. We got pregnant in November.

I got a new vacuum last week. Very, very exciting.

Today, I drove down Halsey and it was bright and sunny, and the perfect temperature, and I thought maybe southern California would be a nice place to live.

Brandon came home with contact information of a Doctor in New Mexico.

It's pitch black @ 6:57 currently on Halsey street.

Chelsea asked me if I her to watch my kids tomorrow, so I could take a break. I said, "No, I don't have anything going on on Thursday, why would I need you to watch my kids?" I keep forgetting it's my birthday.

We like to "play on the grass".

My husband is amazing, so patient and kind. Always giving 100%. I love him.

My children are not so patient. I still don't like saying "children" or "kids".. "Put the kids to bed" sounds old, like someone in their 30's would say. Brandon has resorted to calling them "the midgets."

Laundry is never ending... never.

More than one person told me our primary program was the best one they've ever seen. If it was, it's because of the children, my teachers, my chorister and the Holy Ghost. Nothing to do with me; I'm just lucky.

I organized Sterling's baby clothes. This brought me immense joy.

I'm 24 tomorrow, and in the throws of full time motherhood. Perhaps, more seasoned mothers would disagree, but that's what it feels like to me. I like it this way, it may not be interesting to talk about me, but I like it. It's comfortable, like this is what I am supposed to be doing.

4 comments:

Perkes Family said...

Glad you are enjoy being a mom of two. Being in your 30's isn't that bad, I turned 30 last June. New chapters in life

Liz Johnston said...

Happy Birthday Bethany! We still need to come see you some time. We will have to plan that soonish.. I'm 24 too, Just yesterday I looked in the mirror wondering if I'm really old enough to have 2 kids..

Julie said...

NEW MEXICO?!?!? We have to be neighbors, remember? and I ain't livin' in new mexico! lol

Yes, laundry is never ending.

Yes, I am the best primary teacher ever. You are welcome.

And I am so honored that you wanted to spend half of your first day being 24 with me at the zoo. Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

I was just catching up on some blog reading and thought your post was a great one. Hope you had a great birthday. Some days I wish I was a mom already since I am 30 but I know some day that will happen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...