Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy birthday, big borther!

"What if you get married and your wife doesn't like me?"
"I don't think that will happen. We're too much alike."

Adam is my big brother. His room used to smell like a cave, and he has enough clothes that he doesn't have to do laundry all summer. ...wait, those are not reasons we're alike, just to clarify. He was the typical big brother when I was little. He used to dunk me under water at the pool repeatedly, he thought it was funny to pull me off the couch, and if you sat next to him in the van he would kick you until you were so fed up with him you'd move, giving him the whole row to himself. I distinctly remember once he burped in his hand and then put his hand in my face. I was infuriated.

Photobucket

I love all of my siblings, but I think I am the closest to Adam. Not because he burped in his hand. I hope my kids are able to have friendships with each other; I hope my kids are as kind to each other as Adam is to me. We're friends, close friends (or at least I think so). Adam has a talent of making his friends feel like they're special to him. I think that's why he has so many friends, friends that last years and years and years. He helps me waste time. We chat, and share internet links full of nonsense.. example? Last week Adam shared this with me..

Photobucket

Life enriching? I don't think so.

In my fantasy life, Adam has a fabulous wife, who loves me so we're best friends, and our kids find immense joy in each others company. In reality, Adam and I haven't lived in the same state since 2006. Sad face. Maybe in years to come, maybe not. Either way, Adam will always be one of my best friends.

Happy birthday big brother!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...