Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fantasy


Gasp!!!
"What?!" As he slams on the breaks.
"That house is adorable."
"I thought I was going to run over a small child."
This is a conversation that I've had with my husband, and a conversation my parents have had.

I thought today I would share a few of my favorite things. Because, I don't know, maybe someone cares.

If I had to pick a style of home it would be craftsman style..

What's so fabulous about these homes is that they are full of thick molding, wainscoting, and detailed windows. They also have cozy porches, and big heavy front doors.


I love beautiful wood stair cases..
And farmhouse sinks in white kitchens. DIY network says, "White kitchens: Timeless and Transcendent." I tried to find a picture of the perfect white kitchen with the perfect sink, and couldn't. I guess I'll have to do it right. But the subway tiles are gorgeous, right?


While I love hardwood floors, because, well, they're classic, I think they have their place. I was want soft carpet in my home (at least in the bedrooms). And I don't mean just carpet. I want extra padded, you could take a nap on it, you have to take your shoes off carpet.

I really, really, really want a swimming pool (California roots). Oh so badly want a swimming pool with a outdoor living space. I love the simple old looking ones.. think "Under the Tuscan Sun". I think they're romantic.

Sigh.. and one of my most favoritest things in the whole home design thing... the clawfoot tub.
Can you believe my love of the clawfoot started when I saw "What Lies Beneath". Everyone loves these tubs, right?

I'm going to stop, because this could go on way too long, and get way too boring. I realize I might never have all of these things. But most importantly, I want our home full of babies and love, and at least one clawfoot.

Do you have favorites, or am I the only one who thinks about this?

9 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

you are not alone! i think about that stuff all the time too! and i think your fantasy house is beautiful! call me when you get it and ill come for vacation!

Liz Johnston said...

Can I come over too?? I Love that house!! the only pain with white cabinets is that you end up scrubbing them all the time- not that they are any dirtier but you know it certainly shows more.

Daniel and Chelsea said...

HGTV doesn't help does it? It makes me want to go house hunting! I have to say I laughed when you said you fell in love with clawfoots after watching What Lies Beneath... Psycho killer please!

Valerie said...

I liked your house and blog so much I made Lee read it, we were both drooling and in love with the pool. This of course led to our own Fantasy house discussion........an on going theme here as well. I do believe we have many of the same ideas. Great post, you really are a talented writer.

Courtney N said...

I love the pool!!

Sarah Dana said...

I love that we have such different tastes:^D Other than the pool and the carpet...definitely the carpet. It's why a big green lawn is a must for barefoot running--love the texture. Hate clawfoots or large tubs in general. If I'm staying in a house with one, I avoid the bathroom as much as possible and try to get away with not showering, so don't be surprised if I stink if we ever visit someday...

mandy said...

Love the post. I think about it ALL the time. ;)

Nicci said...

We're putting a claw foot tub in our bathroom - I got it off Craiglist super cheap. So excited!!!

Lindsey Chadwick said...

um...all those pictures are amazing! and I think about my "dream" house ALL the time! You're not alone!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...