Thursday, March 31, 2011

Near Alicia Parkway

Around 7:30 on a rainy Friday morning my mom, my boys, and I merged onto the I-5 southbound near down town Portland. At 1:13 Saturday morning we exited at Alicia Parkway; Orange County, California.

Then the party started.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We ate crackers, went on walks, and although we had lots of plans, my mom and I spent the majority of our time building a bed. Yep, we built a bed. The post below will tell you all about that adventure. We only played 3 games of settlers and I think Dad won all of them (fun). :) We didn't go to beach. It rained a good majority of the time. Lame, right? PS: I didn't realize that Chandler's face is covered in what he calls "snacks" in that picture till just now. Also, Chandler has been asking for "snacks" non stop since we got home. arg.

At one point I was driving down to meet Brandon in San Diego. There's a part of the coast along the 5 there where there's a large military base. I was driving, it was sunny, and my GPS showed me (a little blue car) driving right along the blue water. It was beautiful, and I decided that it is the most beautiful place in the world.

Photobucket


May a recommend, if you are trying to convince your husband, you mom, your girlfriend, or your best friend to move to southern California, take them in March, April, or May. The hills are green with spring life, and weather is beautiful. Try not to go when it's raining.

Photobucket

It was perfect, and now I want to call it home again more than ever.

Sorry, if you were hoping for "When I Grow Up: Part II". Hopefully, soon, they'll be a need for that blog post.

1 comment:

Greg and Diana said...

I hate to say this, but I guess unless you've lived here for the past 5 years you might not understand...I would NEVER try to convince someone to move here. Heck, I'm already waiting for the day we can get out!!! While the weather is great...it has changed a lot and it's WAY too expensive. I'll trade the weather for cheaper gas, better real estate and neighbors I can actually borrow eggs or sugar from. I know...party pooper here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...