Thursday, March 31, 2011

Making a Mess

Aloooong time ago our friends Parker and Char built a toddler bed for their toddler. It was so adorable, and I was so impressed. Char sited this blog, which I became instantly captivated by.

So, I wanted to know if this was a kind of project I would like to take on, so.. I asked my mom if she would be interested. And, we built a bed.

We followed Ana's instructions. They were good. Not great, but good. And heavens we learned a lot.

There's not a whole lot to say. Here's the pictures...

Photobucket

We may have convinced the guy at Lowe's to do almost all of our cuts for us. I think that saved us hours and hours. Good thing we're pretty.

Photobucket

We nailed and glued and drilled and used that big bolts and a socket wrench.

Photobucket

Then we sanded and painted, and then put the big pieces together.

Photobucket

And done..

Photobucket

Okay, mostly done. It still needs some wood fills, and touch up paint. But pretty cool, huh? My mom and I did it mostly all on our own. We made the bed, and cleaned the room, so I could take a picture, and then I was time to play settlers, so this is the best picture of it completed I have.

Yay us!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

you go! that is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...