Monday, January 23, 2012

I Have a Problem...

...I don't like January, or February much.

It's cold. I don't mind the cold when I can crank Christmas music and bake pies in my oven. But then the decorations come down, I go back on my diet, and turn the music off, and it's just cold and dark. I think the months before January are so busy. I spend my time, making costumes, planning, cooking, shopping and partying. Then January comes with nothing. Nothing to plan for, nothing to bake for, no music that makes me dance around. We have some tentative plans for March... MARCH.

This is my problem. I don't want to just waste away the months of January and February waiting for spring and summer. I've heard someone say January is their favorite month. How do I do that?

What do you do to combat the post holiday blues?

3 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

I love february! But it is my birthday month and so I love valentine's too. Sounds like you need to have baby in january or february so you have something to look forward too. :)

The Stig and The Pickle said...

I typically don't wait for spring to do our spring cleaning. I do it in the winter. I get rid of old clothes, shoes, kitchen things, etc. Also, if a garage sale is going to be held in the spring just put stuff in boxes labled garage sale. The other thing I do is find new dinner recipes and cook those. Right now I'm trying to make all of our meals in the crock-pot. Good luck!

Valerie said...

I have the same problem- if you figure out a solution, please share. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...