Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 in Retrospect

It's January 17th, and after a quick trip to my parent's for my mom's birthday. I feel like the holidays are finally over. I'm aware that this is a little late, but heck, here it is..

2011 was eventful for us!
  • In January Brandon officially started looking for a job.
  • In February Sterling had baby food! I can't believe how little he is in that picture!
  • In March we traveled to California and Colorado in search of work..
  • We were very busy in April. Brandon turned 29, we celebrated Easter, saw some sunshine, had a naked lady party, and I finished my a** contest.
  • May came with wedding bells, and we prayed for warmer weather.
  • In June we went swimming, even though it was still raining. Brandon became a doctor, Chandler finished preschool, and Dr. Farkas asked us to move to Kentucky.
  • July was a party filled month. We partied with old roommates in Idaho. Brandon and I flew across the country, to visit with Dr. Farkas. And we partied, a little late, because Chandler turned 4. We also started to pack boxes.
  • August was clear and warm, but filled with ups and downs. We were sad to say goodbye to Benson and our dear friends the Batemans. We celebrated when Sterling turned 1, then we hurried up to play with our family in Washington. I cried when we committed to a job in Kentucky, and when that fell through, rejoiced to take a job in Vegas instead.
  • September took us from our home. It was a bitter sweet moment in our lives.
  • October was a settling month. I turned 25, and the month culminated in Halloween, and we felt at home.
  • November brought in the holidays, and we were happy to be busy. We hosted my family for our first Thanksgiving in our new home, and it was was fabulous!
  • In December we turned on the heater, and put up the Christmas lights. We partied with Grandpa & Sandy in Las Vegas, and then partied with some Tates after Christmas.
It was a whirlwind a year for us: a new home, a new job, new weather patterns, new neighborhoods, parks, and grocery stores. Mostly it was a wonderful year (except the whole Kentucky scare) and we are all a little better than we were last January. I am praying 2012 is just as wonderful, but maybe involves a little less packing.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You didn't turn on your heaters until December?! lol I curse our stupid garage that blocks our entire house from the sun.

Kristy said...

Oh what fun we had! You know, in that baby food picture, Sterling looks a lot like baby Nathan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...