Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Do you love the word 'crispy'?

Yesterday was the best day I've had in, well, 5 weeks and 3 days. Not that the past 38 days have been so horrible.

Yesterday it felt like fall. Crispy, bright, clear fall. A perfect day for Chandler to start preschool.

What the heck? Preschool?

This is me when I started preschool...
Photobucket
Please ignore the quality. The scanner that Adam used to upload old family pictures must not have been up to par.

Chandler's attitude towards preschool is, obviously, much different.
Photobucket
How can your heart not swell? He is awesome.
Photobucket

Last night, I told him to pick out his clothes for school, and he said, "School tomorrow, again?" I said, "Yes" and Brandon said, "Pretty much for the rest of your life."

While that's somewhat true for Chandler, I realized, that is oh too true for me. Chandler starting school marks the beginning of motherhood with Children in school; a journey that will last long past the day Chandler goes on his mission, and other children get married. A journey that will last all the way into my 40's. Not that 40's is the rest of my life, and it will just die after that.

Okay, only one more..
Photobucket
ummm.. My kid's eyes sparkle. Do yours?

6 comments:

Julie said...

haha I can just see Chandler shouting, "YEAAAAAH!" In that first picture! lol. Too cute! Scarlett will never be that old...never... :)

Shurtliff Family said...

Way cute pix Bethany! He's such a cute little dude. And YOUR picture is ADORABLE! Hahaha. I LOVE IT!

Kids in school. Now that's a scary thought. But a good one nonetheless. Does that mean you have to get up early?! Hmmm... let me know how that goes, because I know I'll struggle with that one.

The Lunds said...

So cute! I was thinking about preschool this year, but decided Treysen might be ready for that...but I don't know if I am. Next year for sure though!

rachel v. said...

oh my gosh he is SO cute. He looks so much like Brandon in that first picture! I love that picture of you, adorable :) I also laughed out loud at Brandon telling him he will be going to school for the rest of his life, so true. I love it!

Valerie said...

Oh, that is such a cute picture of your little man

Daniel and Chelsea said...

That is so fun! I forgot Chandler was starting this week. He looks like he has been having a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...